Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Reviews by Readers at Amazon.com

I found the following review of Orwell's classic "1984" quite amusing...:

"Caitlyn from Atlanta, GA, wrote: "1984 is the worst book I have ever read. I would advise anyone who is thinking about reading this book to reconcider! George Orwell is not a bad writer, however, this book he does not do evry well on, as some of his others. Prehaps he was getting old and lost his touch. Animal Farm was okay, but 1984 was horrible. It took him forever, it seemed like, to get into the accual book. If someone were to take out all of the useless part of 1984, it would be half as long. Why would he wirte so much about nothing? I havent ever meet someone who could wirte such a boring book about the goverment. I have meet many people who have loved this book, but i dispised it. I am not at all intrested in the goverment. This may be part of the reason that I didnt like it. I would advise you not to read this book."  (via Boing Boing)

...until I read the last entry posted at Amazon World:

"Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison

This book was as intellectually stimulating as watching a blind goat rape a treestump. I've never been as horrified in my life as I was by this terrible, terrible disgrace upon writing . I have to wonder where people come up with some of these images. "

Sadly Amazon World has not been updated in awhile.

No comments: