1. Put 400 bricks in a closed room.
2. Put people being assessed in the room and close the door.
3. Leave them alone and come back after 6 hours.
4. Then analyze the situation:
* If they are counting the bricks, put them in the Accounting Department.
* If they are recounting them, put them in Auditing.
* If they have messed up the whole place with the bricks, put them in Engineering.
* If they are arranging the bricks in some strange order, put them in Planning.
* If they are throwing the bricks at each other, put them in Operations.
* If they are sleeping, put them in Security.
* If they have broken the bricks into pieces, put them in Information Technology.
* If they are sitting idle, put them in Human Resources.
* If they say they have tried different combinations, they are looking for more, yet not a brick has been moved, put them in Sales.
* If they have already left for the day, put them in Marketing.
* If they are staring out of the window, put them in Strategic Planning.
* If they are talking to each other, and not a single brick has been moved, congratulate them and put them in Senior Management.
* Finally, if they have surrounded themselves with bricks in such a way that they can neither be seen nor heard from, put them in Government.