Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Junk E-mail - Stop the Madness!

I hate checking my e-mail account(s) just to delete the most ridiculous junk e-mails ever. No matter how much I ask people not to send me sob stories about starving orphans, amputees and how I can get a brand new Nokia by forwarding an e-mail a dozen people, I still have to wade through an ocean of this junk on a daily basis, clicking the delete key like a maniac.

Every time I receive such a message, I used promptly reply the sender with "Please visit www.breakthechain.org before forwarding such e-mails to everyone in your address book" but it just doesn't work.

The latest such e-mail was about entering a PIN in reverse should I ever be robbed at an ATM. Get real, this isn't going to happen anytime soon. Neither will some lost kid in Nebraska be found nor will the Israeli/Palestinian conflict come to an end by sending out e-mails with loads of pictures attached.

Think before you hit the forward key. If you can't think, then please visit Break the Chain and find out the truth. You owe it to yourself. Seriously.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Denayana Hamuwe

Ashanthi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uflOK-LyK4