Tuesday, December 20, 2005

When I am Alone in the Office.....

I wonder...

1) Why don't Dominoe's and Pizza Hut have a better selection for vegetarians? How much Simply Veg and Mexican Veg pizza could a person eat over and over again? Who is the genius who came up with Spicy Veg pizza? Chick peas and beans do not belong on pizza crust, dammit!!
2)  Why do pastry shops (Fab, Sponge) sell rich cake with only 1mm of almond icing? If I had the patience, I could ground some cashew with icing sugar, add some almond flavour and ice the cake myself.
3) How can so many kids (age 16 and under) afford the latest mobile phones? The new models cost Rs. 50,000 (USD 500) and more. When I was sixteen, I had to save all my pennies just to upgrade my computer for a mere Rs. 10,000.
4) Why are main roads in Colombo and its suburbs invaded by security forces each time a Member of Parliament decides to go shopping or to pray or whatever? Do their needs to buy potatoes or receive divine blessings supersede ours?
5) Why do people who claim to be "crazy about kids" balk when invited to visit an orphanage?
6) Do spammers have lives?
7) Why do people who do not have to wear prescription contact lenses use colored ones?
8) Exactly how safe is it to invite a door-to-door salesman into your home, especially when you know he has two bags of knives? I know people who fling open their doors and welcome these men who carry an impressive collection of knives in plain sight. I could never do that - somehow I feel more comfortable buying knives in a store. Maybe it's because I've been watching CSI for so many years


I wish.....

1) I had requested leave on Friday and Thursday like the rest of my colleagues.
2) I had smuggled my TV into office yesterday (Monday)
3) Coldplay had done a better job on X:Y - it's so mediocre (and one of two CDs in the office right now)
4) I get more pieces of Christmas cake by Wednesday because I get hungry every now and then and all I can get delivered to my office is pizza (see above)
5) Chocolate coated almonds were easily obtainable in Colombo
6) Movies like King Kong, The Chronicles of Narnia and Munich are screened at either Savoy or Majestic Cinema.
7) I win the SLT quiz thingy - those Sony VAIO notebooks are hot!!
8) I can find The Chronicles of Narnia amongst my old and extremely dusty collection of books before I watch the movie.
9) I had more single friends - the married ones are so boringly normal they drive me nuts.
10) The next one hour would just fly by so I can go home and watch some DVDs

No comments: